1.29.2008

Wendy's Vegan Morning Cake


Wendy's Vegan Morning Cake

makes 2-9x9 pans of yummies

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.

Whiles that's heating up mix

6 cups of flour

(I grind my own flours. For this I use white winter wheat. I know I should use soft, but I have more hard in the pantry so I'm using it. If you use other flours expect a larger rise out of your cake.)

1/2 cup oil

(I use canola)

1 tablespoon Nutmeg

3 tablespoons Baking Powder

(Please use Non-Aluminum for your good health)

Now remove 1 cup of your mixture and set aside for your crumb topping

Stir in about 4 cups of soy eggnog milk or so to get a good batter.

Divide batter into 2 9x9 pans.

(I use silicone ones. If you don't have this you'll need to grease your pans.)

Sprinkle crumb topping on top of batter.

(You might want to add some chopped nuts like almonds too)

Pop into the oven and cook for about 40 minutes or until the sides start to pull away from the pan.

While letting them cool down you can mix up some icing or

as Max's says snail slim by mixing

1 tablespoon of soy eggnog milk or so with

1 cup of powdered sugar

Drizzle on top of cooled cakes

and then the most important part

consume

I've made two other flavors with the same basic concept which are (Drum roll please...)

Ginger Bread Cake Option:

Mix

6 cups flour

1/3 cup Molasses

1 teaspoon clove, nutmeg, ginger, allspice

2 teaspoons cinnamon

1 cup sugar

1/2 cup oil

3 tablespoons Baking Powder

Don't forget to take out a cup right here before you add the soymilk for your topping.

3 1/2 soymilk (or whatever milk you like)

Bake

Don't forget the icing only this time use soymilk (or whatever milk you like)

Pumpkin Cake Option:

Same as Ginger Bread Cake but add one can of pumkin puree (about two cups) and use less soymilk (or whatever milk you like).

note:

Sometimes the crumb topping needs a bit more oil to form lumps.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooo yummy! I happened to read this just before fixing breakfast. Thanks for the great idea! BTW I biggyfied the photo and I want to know what you have steaming in that big crock pot. My imagination is running away with me--oatmeal with brown sugar and cinnamon maybe??? I think I'd better get breakfast, I am obviously hungry!

wendy said...

Actually, in the crock pot is apple cider.
Our signiture oatmeal flavor in this house is oatmeal, cinnamon, a dash of vanilla, raisins, peanut butter, and a little sugar...tastes like a peanut butter oatmeal cookie.

Anonymous said...

I can testify that this is an awesome recipe.

Hubby

Anonymous said...

Thank You

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy