6.09.2010

Bug Bait

Update:
(These are working for me. They do take a bit of time to have complete success)
These are my experiments with bug baits.
Maybe they'll be of help...

ANT BAIT

3 parts sugar

2 parts borax

Little bit of water…enough to make all ingredients wet

Boil until the mixture looks gel like. Put into containers with a small holes for an entrance.

(You don't want your pets/kids to get into this one.)


SLUG YEASTY BAIT

1 cup water

1 t sugar

1 t flour

½ t yeast

Mix all and put into wide mouthed shallow container.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Good bug "bye-bye" recipes! My favorite is sulpher around the outside of the fence to keep snakes away. I can't stand snakes!!

Hope your family is enjoying the summer.

wendy said...

I heard that sulphur attracts snakes as eggs smell that way too and snakes love to eat them. Not that I'm going to see if that's true.lol