1.02.2010

Week 1

Knitting:
I have two pairs of socks on the needles and one shawl.
One pair of socks is completely top secret until Valentine's Day
and the other pair you can see above. I find it a bit hard to find nice worsted lace patterns. In fact, this is the third pattern I've tried for this yarn. Since these are for Emily they have to be very stretchy as she only likes knee highs...Lucky me.lol.
The pattern: Twinners (raverly link) by Lynne Wardrop
Needles: 2 size 6 circular needles
Yarn: Cascade Yarns 220 Heathers, lavender 2422 and yellow for toes and heels
Modifications: I casted on fewer stitches because I was already using a bigger needle and didn't feel like frogging all...46 stitches. As I stated before, I needed these to be stretchy so I messed with this pattern by making the back 23 stitches 1x1 rib. I'm also doing an afterthought heel.
Side note: bag is 52freckles friendly sock monster and hanging on the zipper is
a mental vegetable (no one likes broccoli) phone charm by AnthroPoMorphCo
Now on to what I'm reading:
Fish Out of Water by Mary Janice Davidson

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Those are going to be beautiful knee-highs! I'm ashamed to admit that I get too bored to knit long socks. The bag is so cute. I use those mesh bags and have never thought of decorating them like monsters. Great idea! Happy New Year to you and your family.

wendy said...

Thank you and Happy New Year to you too!