10.06.2009

Shoes

My computer broke then Michael kicked it and it started working again and now my camera has sorta broken...I can only take movies with it now.
Maybe I should have Michael kick it.
Anyway, the other day I was buying books for the kiddos Christmas presents on Amazon. (I love being able to do that.) Where upon I noticed a book about making shoes but it was out of print. However, someone in the comments left the author's website and stated that she make reprints in black in white for people. So I headed over there and sure enough Sharon Raymond does but even better was the free patterns. Now I've made slippers before and have had a pretty good sucess in doing so so I was pretty sure I could do that and then simply add a sole especially after reading how to on Sharon's website. And now I can say...I have made shoes!
Yes the kind you can wear outside!
I think this is way cool and I thought I would show you my first pair that I made for Emily...In a movie cuz that's the way I roll now.lol.
video
(Those little ones are for Alex)
If you want to try your hand at this too here's the website...
http://www.simpleshoemaking.com/
Look for the free patterns on the left hand side.
video

I'll leave you with an action shot of Emily's shoes

2 comments:

Katherine said...

The shoes are so neat!! What a great idea. I used to make clothes for the six kids and would have made shoes too if I'd had this pattern!

So glad you are posting again. You have been missed!

erin/pinkerbell said...

those are awesome!!!