5.19.2009

The Knit List

I saw this one someone's blog and stole it

Bold for stuff you’ve done, italics for stuff you plan to do one day, and normal for stuff you’re not planning on doing:

Afghan
I-cord
Garter stitch
Knitting with metal wire (I don't think I would do this unless is was for jewelry)
Shawl
Stockinette stitch
Socks: top-down
Socks: toe-up

Knitting with camel yarn (I have camel fiber waiting to be spun up so I will be doing this some day. I would also like to knit with bison and possum.)
Mittens: Cuff-up
Mittens: Tip-down
Hat
Knitting with silk

Moebius band knitting (Not interested in...yet)
Participating in a KAL
Sweater
Drop stitch patterns
Knitting with recycled/secondhand yarn
Slip stitch patterns
Knitting with banana fiber yarn (Maybe someday and maybe sugar cane)
Domino knitting (modular knitting) (I don't really like how this looks...yet)
Twisted stitch patterns
Knitting with bamboo yarn (I don't trust bamboo yarn because of a panda bear show I watched that said bamboo has high levels arsenic in it and they wanted to know how the pandas could eat it without dying. I've tried looking this up but I have found nothing, but I'm still not going for this new craze. I'm thinking that before they owned up to playground equipment having arsenic in it you couldn't find information on it too. At least that's my theory and I'm sticking with it.lol.)
Two end knitting (I've seen some scarfs that do this but you have to graft in a lace pattern so I don't I'll be doing this anytime soon.lol.)
Charity knitting (I want to do this but I keep finding more things to knit for my family friends)
Knitting with soy yarn
Cardigan
Toy/doll clothing
Knitting with circular needles
Baby items
Knitting with your own handspun yarn
Slippers
Graffiti knitting: knitting items on, or to be left on the street (I would love to make a treesweater on a tree in my yard but that's all I would ever think of doing.)
Continental knitting
Designing knitted garments
Cable stitch patterns
Lace patterns

Publishing a knitting book (That would be cool but I doubt this would ever happen)
Scarf
Teaching a child to knit
Knitting to make money (I would think this would be a tough thing to achieve)
Button holes
Knitting with alpaca
Fair Isle knitting
Norwegian knitting
Household items: dishcloths, washcloths, tea cosies…

knitting socks- or other small tubular items- on two circulars
Dyeing with plant colours (I want to do this soon)
Knitting items for a wedding (Maybe for my kids but they all say they are never going to get married or leave the house. I'm thinking they'll change their minds.lol)
Olympic knitting
Knitting with someone else’s handspun yarn
Knitting with dpns
Holiday related knitting
Teaching a male how to knit
Bobbles

Knitting for a living (I think this would suck all the fun out of knitting)
Knitting with cotton
Knitting smocking (I doubt I would ever want to do this)
Dyeing yarn
Steeks

Knitting art (Isn't it all art?)
Fulling/felting
Knitting with wool
Textured knitting
Kitchener BO

Purses/bags
Knitting with beads
Swatching
Long Tail CO
Entrelac (I don't think I'll do this as I don't like the holes in the corners but Hubby likes a pair socks made this way so maybe one day)
Knitting and purling backwards
Machine knitting
Knitting with self-patterning/self-striping/variegated yarn
Stuffed toys
Knitting with cashmere

Darning
Jewelry (This goes with the metal thing above)
Knitting with synthetic yarn
Writing a pattern

Gloves (Doing this in the near future)
Intarsia
Knitting with linen
Knitting for preemies (Doing this real soon)
Tubular CO
Free-form knitting (I'm not sure about this one maybe one day but I doubt it)
Short rows
Cuffs/fingerless mitts/arm-warmers
Pillows
Knitting a pattern from an online knitting magazine
Rug
Knitting on a loom
Thrummed knitting
Knitting a gift
Knitting for pets
Shrug/bolero/poncho
Knitting with dog/cat hair (Totally not interested in)
Hair accessories
Knitting in public


How about you?

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Entrelac is the thing I don’t plan to do anytime soon (maybe never).
I can do without Intarsia but love, love, love Fair Isle!
I gave up on knitting socks on two circulars. It just wasn’t the same.
I don’t like soy or bamboo yarns but I am enjoying the sugar cane yarn I received in a swap. It remains to be seen how it washes and wears!
Do try knitting gloves. The first time I made gloves I couldn’t believe the results (“Did I do that?”). They are lots of fun!
AND if you try free form knitting please let me know what you think of it!! I have a friend who does free form. She was here recently wearing a jacket she had just finished. When she left DH asked me, “What was that she was wearing?” We had to have a long talk about his response to art LOL!
This was a fun post!