8.19.2008

Ravelympics '08- Last Update

I finished!

Here's are my Handspun Heptathlon Socks-
For Hubby's Christmas socks I CO 48 stitches, 1x1 rib for 2” plain, knit plain for 12 inches, and then I did an after thought heel and toe in different colored yarn. These are going to be very tempting to steal from Hubby.

And here's my Fleece to Finished Fencing hat.

This picture pretty much sums up how I feel about this whole event. As you can tell this is not a scarf. The scarf did not look as good as it could and was extrememly scratchy so I frogged it. I went back to the hat idea but this time with a liner. Since it was so plain I thought it needed flowers on it. My only high rated item on Ravelry has flowers on it so it must be attractive to more than one person.lol. Luckily the ugly inside with all the threads showing is covered by the liner which I thought was rather clever fo me. Anyway, I feel I messed this yarn up probably from the begining.

Let's go into the land of should have.

I should have:

Washed it more

Carded it better so there were no nubs maybe combed it

Spun it woolen/long draw style

Not over plied it

Oh well, maybe that wouldn't have worked either. I sure hope Sari will like it anyway it is after all part of her sheepies.

12 comments:

Katherine said...

The socks look yummy soft and such pretty colors! I think I would hide them and knit another pair for hubby. These pretty blue ones would be on my feet at the first sign of cool weather!

I love, love, love the hat. No need for making faces. You did a great job!!

wendy said...

Thanks...I'm famous for making faces. You should see my wedding picture.lol.

Darcy knotty Knitter said...

I love the hat:)Hugds Dary

Amber said...

I love the hat. IMO it looks great!

Knitsonya said...

Your face! You are adorable. I hate it when projects don't go my way. Just having ripped something out because I hated how it looked seamed.

wendy said...

Oh, shucks...thanks.

Harpa J said...

The socks look very tempting indeed!
The hat is lovely - I don´t see anything wrong with it.

Harpa J said...

The socks look very tempting indeed!
The hat is lovely - I don´t see anything wrong with it.

Anonymous said...

Now that I know about them you can't take them for yourself. But I will rent them to you... For the right price. Hubby

wendy said...

Hey, you better forget!

Anonymous said...

Wow found way in it was fun you are a wiz! If you steal socks from husband can I steal them from you? Mimi

Anonymous said...

Wow found way in it was fun you are a wiz! If you steal socks from husband can I steal them from you? Mimi