7.14.2008

traverse city

Only in Michigan, where things are kept simple, would they have you walk through the shallow water to climb up onto a boat one has rented. When it was 50 degree water we were told they had a floating ramp thingy, but luckily we didn't get that type of treatment. We, of course, picked the boat that was the farthest away. Maybe if we had touched the water first we might have picked the other boat but hey dragging 5 wee ones around is fun, right? Here we are at the beginning. After this picture was taken we put the camera into a plastic bag because we are soooo smart. It got up to low belly on us adults. Unfortunately, we forgot about the car keys that HAD a workable clicker into that little smarty bag. If you look real hard you can see the boat way out in the distance. Did I mention 70 degree water with wind? It does make one wonder what would we have done if we had wanted to take stuff with us, doesn't it? Oh, and guess what Crocs do float!
video
Have you've ever been on a boat and thought wow there's a handy table with cup holders. Well if so, let me amaze you here and now with another use for said boat tables. (click movie above here) See the amazing fun. If you ask me it's almost as good as a card board box. If you noticed me...I'm that hudled up ball behind Emily. I got real sea sick I mean lake sick and yes I was really happy that people where spinning next to me. Anyway....
When you have this group on your side you can find the impossible, a cherry pitter. A pretty cool cherry pitter if you ask me.

4 comments:

Katherine said...

No really? That boat w-a-a-a-y out there? I proclaim you all great explorers!! Not only that, great explorers with great hats! Add to that the cherry pitter and I am sorely impressed. LOL!

wendy said...

Thanks...I needed that.

Anonymous said...

What a great cherry pitter. A perfect find. I've never seen a better one. We'll skip boat adventures for a while. Hubby

wendy said...

What do you mean "for awhile"?