5.27.2008

My first Spin

Thanks to my MIL I now own a Matchless...yeah, baby! So here's a picture of me trying to figure out how things go together. I did get it mostly figured out, but later that night I broke down and printed out Schacht Spindle Co., Inc Spinning Wheel Instructions. I now know where the brake is and I hope that will solve my over twisting problem.



Anyway, I spent yesterday spinning on the back porch. What a lovely way to spend the day. I must do it again. I asked Michael to take a movie of me spinning for the first time on my "new" spinning wheel. I thought you might like to see a little of my world.lol. Don't worry Alex was found. He was next to the car picking fairy clocks.


Here is the result of my very first spining on a wheel. I don't think I did too bad of a job. I'm thinking a hat would be a good idea, but first I need to see how much I made.lol.Here is my second try. Yeah, I couldn't wait to spin more. In fact, I think today would be a good day to do some more spinning.lol.

4 comments:

Bunny said...

What are Fairy clocks? Congratulations on your new spinning wheel.

wendy said...

Thanks...Fairy Clocks are dried dandelion flower heads.

Katherine said...

I'm so impressed!! I have always wanted to spin and never seem to have the time to get all the things I would need together. Will you be offering any of your own handspun for sale at Intertwinement?

wendy said...

Thanks...Um, I don't think anyone would want my over twisted yarn.lol.