2.08.2008

My Morning


I feel like dukie. When I complained out loud Max thought I was talking about Duke Ickthorn (sp?) on Gummy Bears which I thought was funny because I would never have put those two thoughts together. Kids...you gotta love them. Anyway, I think the snow shoveling finally caught up with me. Please remind me not to shovel durning a storm but after next time and also that shoveling three times in one day is just no good. So I ache and have a runny nose and I ran out of funny books. This doesn't bode well for the rest of the family. Oh, well...Knitting will fix it. It fixes everything and I know it's a rare thing for me to post mid project but I though I should start. So here I go...I'm knitting up Valentine gifts. Emily is getting a doll blankie and a Ken doll sweater. Michael is getting a sweater vest that I finally finished. Gregory is getting bear mittens. Max is getting sewn tiger slippers that I hopefully will be able to make tomorrow. Hubby will get....(He might read this so if he does he will now know he gets squat. (Insert evil laugh here.)) and Alex will be gettin these mouse mittens. I'm working on the ears right now. I think the ears are what make these mittens so cute. In fact, I think inferior ears would be worst than say not fitting. Yup, that's how important I think these little ears are and I really hope I can get them as cute as the picture on the pattern. When I looked at the others on ravelry it gave me hope. May the force be with me...

4 comments:

Marguerite said...

The best way to shovel is to hire it done.

Do I do that? No, but I do believe it's the best way. Someday I'm going to try it.

Katherine said...

No shoveling! You are supposed to sit in the warm house and knit with a hot cup of tea beside you and just watch the snow fall. No shoveling!

I love the mouse mittens. Those ears are seriously cute!

Anonymous said...

So, I get squat do I. Love you.

Hubby

wendy said...

Got it:

no shovel and squat