3.19.2007

Lanky Lacy Leggings


Pattern: One of the lace patterns from Stahl's sock booklet #10 from 1994 and the Queen Kahuna Crazy Toes & Heels for the fan toe and the non-heel-flap-heel-flap heel.
Needles: 2 size 2 circular Addi Turbo 1-16" long and 1-24" long.
Yarn: 1 skein of Mama-E's C*EYE*BER in ginga
Gauge: 6 stitches to 1 inch
Finished dimensions: 14"long for the leg and 9" long for the foot and circumference.
Modifications: I added more purl stitches between the pattern repeats to get the proper fit.
Notes: I knitted these up on two circulars two at a time from the toes up on 54 stitches so I could make them as long as I could for her. I used the fan toe because Emily likes a roomy fit for her toes and I tried out the non-heel-flap-heel-flap heel just for the heck of it. With this lace pattern I didn't need to add or subtract any stitches for her leg. Yeah! They ended up being quite long thanks to the lace pattern in fact I have a bit left over. For once, I just hope she out wears them before she out grows them.

3 comments:

Katherine said...

What a beautiful girl! I love the socks, so pretty and long. I bought the Queen Kahuna book, but I can't wrap my mind around the directions for some reason. I'll keep trying.

wendy said...

Thank you, I think so too!
It took me awhile it understand the book too. I found that reading the book all the way through and then reading it while knitting a sock worked out and now I understand how they have it set up.

erin/pinkerbell said...

wow those are beautiful I have to go check into this book.