3.02.2007

2 for 1

Pattern: Knitwhits' Phoebe

Needles: 2 size 15 circular Addi Turbo 1-16" long and 1-24" long.

Yarn: 1 skein of Rowan's Rowan Big Wool 100g (87yds) shade 35

Gauge: 2st=1"

Modifications: I used different yarn than was called for in the pattern but one that had the same gauge as Cascade Magnum which was called for in the pattern. I also did not do the striping and lastly I used two circulars instead of switching to DPNs with the decreasing.

Notes: I used the child and adult size patterns and was able to get two hats out of the one skien. Awesome! I had just enough left over to make a pompom for the child sized one. This is the fastest knit I've ever done and will probably use it in the future for those quick knit fix times that come up once in awhile.

6 comments:

erin/pinkerbell said...

ok, that is such a cute picture!

wendy said...

Thanks

Katherine said...

Cute hats, cuter kids! The pompom on the smaller one is darling. I love the fact that hats are such quick knits--one evening and you have results, unlike the sweater that is taking me f-o-r-e-v-e-r.

jen said...

that is the cutest picture EVER

Lisa said...

I love the hat! Very cute :) just wanted to drop by to say hi

wendy said...

Thanks so much...this picture was the only one in which both of them didn't look too weird.lol.