2.16.2007

Tacky is all gone now

Pattern: Made up

Needles: 2 size 3 circular Addi Turbo 20" long.

Yarn: 50 yards of Tacky handspun yarn from Santa Cruz Handspun

Gauge: 5st=1"

Modifications: N/A

Notes: I worked both mitts at the same time. I casted on 48 stitches for each mitt. Worked a 2x2 ribbing for one and a half inches. Knitted stockinette stitch for two inches and then put a thread in for five stitches for an after thought thumb to one side on each mitt and then knitted more stockinette stitch for two more inches and bound off. I then went back and ripped out the thread for the thumb and knitted up the thumb by adding extra stitches on each side of the hole and knitted for an inch in stockinette stitch and bound off. Then I gave them to my daughter since she stole my Tacky hat. I really love this yarn too bad it's all gone now.

5 comments:

erin/pinkerbell said...

So cute!

bunny said...

That yarn is way pretty! I love the shades of purple.

Grace said...

Yay! It doesn't look nearly as tacky to me anymore. I'm glad it was rescued! =D

grumperina said...

Hi Wendy, I sent you an e-mail a few days ago about these Jaywalkers... has it been eaten by the spam filter monster? Please check your Inbox! I hope to hear from you soon!

wendy said...

I love this yarn! So soft and after every wash it gets softer.


Grace did such an awesome job spinning it. I wish I could accomplish such a feat.