1.31.2007

Ribbed for HIS Pleasure


Pattern: Made up

Needles: 2 size 3 circular Addi Turbo 20" long.

Yarn: 2 skiens of Schachenmayr Nomotta Extra Tweed Superweich (50g) and 1 skien of Nature Spun in N62 Amethyst (50g)

Gauge: (I forgot and Hubby is wearing them so I'll post this later)

Finished dimensions: 7" long for the leg and 9.75" long for the foot and circumference.

Modifications: N/A

Notes: I tried to make these like the store bought socks, but more colorful and of course full of love. I like the way the tweed in the yarn twines about up the foot and leg, an added bonus for me. If I could turn back time I would have made them a bit smaller (about 10%) in the foot and would have choosen red as a contrast color since the purple blends in too much for what I had in mind. These socks have a plain foot and a 2x2 ribbed leg where I changed the colors an inch from the cuff. The heel is an after thought heel (my favorite...for the now) where I added three stitches on each side to get it deeper and double stranded the yarn for durability. The toe is also double stranded and is in a wedge shape.

No comments: