5.03.2006

SP 8 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I don’t have a favorite, although I must say that some are nicer to work with than others. Some have you just hoping that you don’t drop a stitch because you would never find it, such as, fun fur.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Sewn needle cases that I made.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I’ve been knitting for 12 years and crocheting now for almost 28 years. I would consider myself in at the intermediate to advanced skill level totally depending on the pattern.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have a wish list on my profile, but it’s not up to date. I’ll try to get it updated soon.

5. What's your favorite scent? (For candles, bath products etc.)
I’m not a big fan of scented items. I find that I usually get headaches from them. However, I find myself put into situations where being stinky good is a must so I like spicy. Try thinking cinnamon, clove, myrrh, frankincense, patchouli, etc here.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I’m sorry to say that I can no longer eat said items. I get dizzy. Darn that blood sugar. I still like to smell them and create desserts for my family with them, but I don’t eat them. To shock you I’ll tell you that it has been 11 years since I’ve had chocolate in any form. To further alienate myself I will state that I haven’t had a birthday cake for that long too. I usually have a very small amount of dried or fresh fruit. Yeah, not the same thing at all.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I like crafts in pretty much all forms. There are probably a lot I haven’t tried. Here are a few I have: weaving, embroidery, sculpting, painting, carving, drawing, sewing, dyeing, beading, wire work, gardening, cooking.
My hubby has promised me someday he’ll teach me to spin. His mom did historical (early 1900’s) demonstrations for schools and other organizations.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Of course my favorite music is my hubby’s, but others would be: funny, Celtic, Punjabi/Bhangra , Techno/Trance (Melodic), Bellydancing (yes, I do a bit but just for my hubby), Classical, New Age, High Country, Rock, Pop, Folk, Swing, Oldies, New York Dance, Easy Listening, Blue Grass...
Yes, I can play MP3 on my computer and on my MP3 player (It’s not an I-Pod).

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Orange is my favorite. I like deep reds too. Now all other colors are good too. Basically I like colors that make me happy or are cheerful. Maybe I should say autumn colors. Yup, that’s a better description.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I’m (happily and wildly in love) married for 11 years with 5 children age ranging from 10 (my only girl) to 1 year of age. We have no pets. The fish, Huckleberry the beta, died last year.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, except the poncho. I’m sure as a child growing up in the 70s I had one, but no longer. I would like to add shawls. Erin (Thank you!!!!) made me one and I love my Kiri and find myself throwing it on whenever I go out even wearing it over my coats.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks.

13. What are you knitting right now?
A Norski sweater and a pair of swap socks. It’s totally bugging me to have two projects going at the same time, but the socks need to get done ASAP. Yes, you found one of those rare knitting breed that only knit on one project at a time. Scary… I know but it will be ok.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes, I love them. Anyone can buy, but to create is divine.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?I have a full set of wooden straight needles and crochet hooks that I like. I’ve never tried bamboo. I don’t like aluminum, because of the real/unreal links to Alzheimer. I have some Comfort Zone DPNs.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes, hubby even made me a swift out of a child’s bike wheel. He’s very proud and can be caught playing with it quite often.

17. How did you learn to knit?
My mother in law showed me how to garter stitch and I took it from there.

18. How old is your oldest UFO?
1 month

19. What is your favorite holiday?
This one's tough, because I like St. Paddy’s day which isn’t a holiday is it? So the next one would have to be Thanksgiving. I like cooking for the family.

20. Is there anything that you collect?
Books, material,beads, and yarn.

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Well, being a good American and all I’ve got to say YES of course there is I’ll try to have it up on my wish list as it would be too embarrassing to see my long greedy list here.
I have a subscription to Interweave’s knitting and weaving magazines.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Lace shawls fascinate me but I haven’t taken the plunge. Sock heels are another fascination for me. As for a new technique I can’t think of any right now.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes, I am.
8” @ my ankle
8.25” @ the ball of my foot
9.25” long from toe to heel

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
July 27….lots of 7s in my life. See I can even go further in 7nishes by saying it was 7:37 at night and yes, my doctor was still able to go to his dinner date. Oh, how about I’m part of a family of 7. See it goes on and on sort of like this questionnaire.

8 comments:

Charisse said...

ANYTHING YET!!!!?
No box. Nothing?
Your postal service is very slow.
Keep me posted.

wendy said...

Sorry...Some mysterious thing has happen to our regular post mail who believe it or not (Is that show still on TV?) delievered mail around 8pm and later. Now we get it whenever someone has finished their own route or before.
I'm a bit bummed since I use to come up with odd tales for our post man. Like that he lived in the truck and needed an excuse not to return it with the other locked up trucks or he had eyes that couldn't take the sun which he inherited from his great grandpa named Vamps who came from the old country.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are a very crafty lady :-) Are you allergic to anything?
Hope you have a great day!

Your Secret Pal

wendy said...

I'm glad you asked if I was allergic because I thought I was since animals like cats, dogs, etc. start my nose running. I've played with cotton for so long too because of that but recently I've knitted with wool with no problems. Now baby alpaca was a bit furry and was shedding a good bit but still I did not get the same reaction as I do with a living animal. So I guess I can handle some animal fibers that don't shed much. Boy...that ended up being long winded. Guess that's why they call me Wendy...Have a good day and I can't wait.Thanks!

Katherine said...

July 27th? Are you a Leo too? I'm August 1st.

What parts did your sweet children audition for? Did they get parts? I love to see large families like yours! We have six children and six grandchildren--all wonderful. Life never gets boring with our crew. I'm sure you never run out of things to do.

Thanks for the order. I will get it sent out today. You are the best!

wendy said...

Yup, I'm a leo and a chinese tiger...meow!
The audition was for commericals and we haven't heard anything yet. I doubt we will, but it still was an adventure worth having I think.
I come from a very small family, just Mom and me, so when I meet my Hubby who is the youngest of 8 it was so great we had to have lots. Never lonely. Always something happening. Now my littlest one is my in-laws 21st grand baby or some such number. Big family.
Thanks for letting me know...no,you're the best.

knittinmom said...

Hey, I'm a leo and a tiger, too! And my fave color is also orange. I'd start to think we were twins separated at birth, except for the no-chocolate-or-birthday-cake thing...

wendy said...

Too cool...meow to you.
Well, that whole sweet thing happened after being prego with my first son....I was normal at some point in time....maybe...well, hmmm.