4.09.2006

Lolly Lolly get your adverb here...



I had to show you the sock I'm working on. It's the Lovely Lace pattern from Intertweave's Spring '06 issue. In Mama E's lollygirl colorway ( April's Spectrum colors), and can you see the two different colored needles from Knitting On The Go to match ? Crazy. This sucker is so appealing to me. I even decided to try the after thought heel...I used purple yarn for a place marker....sorry. I'm in a color mood. Dyeing all that sock yarn for the store ( Yes, that's right I'll be having my bug yarn up in my store soon. No it's not for me so it cannot count against me in SYAC. I've been a good girl and haven't bought myself any. Really it's true.) and then sewing up some needle cases and picking more fabric for cases has landed me in a techno colored world. It's like the movie The Wizard of Oz where you start in black n' white and then you've got all these shocking colors all around with strange creatures....Ok, The kids are just as strange me, but you get the idea.

I got my bonnet pattern from the mailorder #2 the other day. Thank you Amy! I love it. I'm hoping to have one sewn up for DD for Easter with maybe a matching skirt or dress. But that's next weekend so she might have a late spring outfit with culottes instead. Yup, culottes. I've been seeing these more and more on the web and I think DD will like not having her parents reminding her to act proper in her skirts and dresses. We'll see.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wendy, I love that sock! Very pretty.

BTW, I sent you two emails about the knitting vacation swap today. One is a invitation to join the yahoo group. I'm sorry if I neglected to invite you to join the yahoo group, as I've always considered you to be part of the swap. Please join the group, add your preferences to the database, and a link to your blog to the Links section. I'm sorry for this inconvenience.

Katherine said...

I love the yellow and orange needles with the yellow and orange yarn. Thanks so much for showing our needles. We're so glad you are enjoying them. I can't wait for your handpainted yarn. I can't resist handpainted sock yarn!

knittinmom said...

Ah, culottes. Even though I still have nightmares about the huge purple corduroy ones my mom made me wear as a kid... I'm loving the new ones that are coming out right now. If only my calves were a bit more slender. Sigh!