3.05.2006

The best Dad in the world

Hubby came home from a week long business trip late friday day night. So Saturday Hubby took us all out to shop and treat us with ice cream. Where upon the middle son yelled, "Dad, you're the best Dad in the whole wide world!" Hubby smiled and then chuckled an evil chuckle and called his Dad.
Here's how the call went.

Hubby: Dad, have I ever told you you are the best Dad in the whole world.

Dad: It's nice of you to say so son.

Hubby: I was actually just calling you to let you know that you're not any more, because my son just told me that I'm the best Dad in the whole world and there can only be one best Dad in the whole world.

Dad: (Hardy laughter)

Hubby: For all those times you said you wished I grow up to be better than you, and for all the sacrifices you made, your dream has finally been fulfilled. I am now offically better than you, because I am now the best Dad in the whole world.

Dad: (more laughter)

Hubby: but I still love ya anyway.

Dad: It doesn't really count until all the kids have said it then you know you've made something of yourself.

I just had to share that. I thought it was so funny and so out of the blue. Now Hubby is counting.

1 comment:

Me said...

that is soooo sweet (of your kid), but especially of your dh!